Who we are
Hello. We at Mcmiller take user privacy very seriously which is why we’ve laid out this document in simple words explaining where we may use your personal data. Our website address is: https://mcmiller.in.
When your place an order at Mcmiller shop, we collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. Your personal data like name, email, phone number and address is used to customize your order and ship your order to your address. If your account is created on our website and you don’t place an order within 1-2 years, your data will be automatically deleted from our records during our scheduled database cleaning process.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 2 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Where we use your data
Your data is used for the following reasons:
- Processing your order
- Shipping your order
- Sending updates for your order at your registered email and phone
- Verifying payments with payment gateways
- Marketing (Retargeted Advertising etc.)
- Analytics and debugging.
- Filing and calculating taxes (including GST)
When you leave reviews/comments on the site we collect the data shown in the review/comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website (for example while submitting a review), you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website may be able to download the public images and extract any location data from public images on the website.
If you leave a review/comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login/register page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you add a product to cart or place an order, additional cookies may be saved in your browser which expire within 3 to 60 days.
Who we share your data with
Your data may be shared with:
- Our shipping partners for delivering your order at the address you mentioned while placing an order. Our shipping partners include Delhivery & Fedex who have their own set of privacy policies.
- Payment gateways you choose while placing a prepaid order. Only your name, email and phone number is shared with the selected gateway for collecting payment for your order. Payment gateways we use include Razorpay, Instamojo, Paytm & PayPal, who have their own set of privacy policies.
- Analytics, debugging and studying customer behavior. We use Google Analytics for tracking page views and analyzing user behavior.
- We may share anonymous data with our advertising partners for promoting and marketing our products include Facebook Ads & Google Adwords, who have their own set of privacy policies.
Embedded content from other websites
Products/Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos from YouTube, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If your account is created on our website and you don’t place an order within 1-2 years, your data will be automatically deleted from our records during our scheduled database cleaning process.
If you leave a review/comment, the review/comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up review/comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that place an order or register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile which is also automatically deleted from our records during our scheduled database cleaning process.
You can also request us to delete your personal data from our records.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on our site, or have left review/comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we have of you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold of you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.